- WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Pioneer Europe NV is the controller for the processing of your personal data. Pioneer Europe NV is a public limited liability company under Belgian law, whose registered office is established at Keetberglaan 1, 9120 Beveren (Belgium) (“Pioneer”, “we”, “our” or “us”).
- WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS ABOUT YOU?
Pioneer processes the following information and personal data about you:
- If you register an account on the website: e-mail address, password, contact information (salutation, name, surname, address and shipping address, telephone and fax number), preferred language, registered Pioneer products;
- If you sign up for the newsletter: contact information (salutation, name, surname, e-mail address), e-mail preferences;
- If you use our contact form on the website: contact information (salutation, name, surname, e-mail address, telephone number), ticket number, topic, product information (model type, model number, serial number), title, your correspondence with Pioneer and all other personal data that you provide to us that can be relevant for answering your question;
- If you place an order on the website: contact information (salutation, name, surname, e-mail address, address, telephone number, title), bank account, product information. We may receive these personal data from one of our dealers when you submit your information to the dealer;
- If you take part in a (customer satisfaction) survey: (where applicable) contact information (salutation, name, surname, address, e-mail address, telephone number), survey code, product information (repaired product, product category, model number, serial number), your feedback and your answer to the survey questions; and
- If you browse our website: IP-address, device data, browsing history, time and duration of your visit, the third party pages you visited before and after using our website, the Pioneer pages you visit, the browser you use, geographical data such as your location, preferred language, other website preferences, … These data are collected through (third party) cookies.
Pioneer may also use personal data received from third parties, such as web agencies, that concern your preferences and personal interests, your contact details etc.
- FOR WHICH PURPOSES AND HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- To create a customer account
We process your personal data when you subscribe to the website in order to create an account.
These data are processed on the basis of your consent you provide to us by filling out the form to register for an account.
- To keep you informed about Pioneer’s products and services (direct marketing)
We process your personal data to keep you informed about product upgrades, new products, services, special offers, events, actions, research on future product ideas or improvements etc.
Depending on the individual case, these data are processed on the basis of your consent, on the basis of your request to take steps prior to entering into a contract, on the basis of the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or on our legitimate interest to keep our existing clients informed about our products and services.
- To answer questions and exchange information with you
If you ask us questions by telephone, by mail or via the contact form, we process your personal data in order to respond to your question and provide you with the necessary information.
Depending on the individual case, these data are processed on the basis of your request to take steps prior to entering a contract, on the basis of the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or on our legitimate interest in providing you information about our activities.
- To process your customer orders and/or deliveries
We process your personal data to handle and deliver your order.
Depending on the individual case, these data are processed on the basis of your request to take steps prior to entering a contract or on the basis of the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
- To participate in our surveys
We process your data to ask your opinion in our customer surveys.
These data are processed on the basis of your consent or on our legitimate interest to evaluate and improve our services and to gain insights on customer satisfaction.
- When you visit our website
We process personal data to personalize and optimise our website, to create content that is relevant to you, and for internal reporting purposes. We also use cookie information to ensure that our website is easy to use and adequately secured.
Depending on the individual case, these data are processed on the basis of your consent (provided via our cookie banner) or on the basis of our legitimate interest:
- in providing a well-functioning and secure website; and
- in improving the websites and social media pages and the user experience by providing you with content that is relevant for you.
- WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Pioneer is selective in the parties to whom it discloses your personal data. In all cases, we will ensure that sufficient safeguards for the protection and confidentiality of your data are in place.
Pioneer may share your personal data with the following third parties who act on behalf of Pioneer:
- distributors, partners and Pioneer affiliates including our parent company, Pioneer Corporation (Japan);
- service providers rendering specific services for us, such as marketing agencies or web design agencies who optimize our website to ensure a smooth user experience;
- IT service providers rendering technical support;
- external advisors: in certain cases, Pioneer may transfer your personal data to external advisors if this is necessary to give us advice or to defend our rights;
- public authorities: Pioneer may transfer your personal data to supervisory authorities or police, judicial or other authorities if we believe that we are required to do so based upon the applicable legislation, a court order or another lawful request; and
- social media: social media may have access to the information collected through cookies and other technologies (possibly via the plug-ins embedded on the Pioneer websites), third party cookie providers that deliver advertisements, analyse website behaviour or connect you with social media.
Pioneer concludes a processing agreement with the parties that have access to personal data for the performance of their services.
- DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA?
It is possible that Pioneer or the service providers working for Pioneer process your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In this respect, Pioneer is committed to ensuring an adequate and sufficient level of protection for your data, in particular by relying on an adequacy decision under article 45 of the GDPR for the country to which data are transferred, by concluding standard contractual clauses under article 46.2 GDPR, or by any other appropriate safeguards provided for in Chapter V of the GDPR.
If you have any questions about the transfer of your personal data outside the EEA or if you want to obtain a copy of the relevant documents, you can send a dated and signed request to Pioneer (cf. contact details under question 10).
- HOW ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA PROTECTED AND HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Pioneer takes appropriate organisational and technical measures, taking into account the state of the art, the nature of processing and the potential risks, to protect your personal data in the best way possible from destruction, loss, modification or any other unauthorised processing. In order to guarantee the security of your personal data we have set in place a series of security measures and safeguards. Your personal data is stored on secure networks that may only be accessed by a limited number of persons holding special access rights and who undertake to respect and maintain its confidential nature.
Notwithstanding these measures, due care should be taken when storing and/or sharing your personal data and login, particularly when connecting via unsecure or public networks.
Pioneer will not process your personal data longer than necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected.
- WHAT ABOUT LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA?
The website of Pioneer contains references (e.g. via hyperlinks, social plug-ins, links to social media operators) to other websites, which are offered by other companies or by social media. Pioneer always advices you to check the privacy policies of those other websites or social media.
Social media pages of Pioneer
Social media sharing options
Our website allows you to share content with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. When using these social plugin functions (e.g. “share” button, …), information about your usage is transmitted directly from your browser to the corresponding social network. If you are already registered with a social network while visiting our website, the operator of that social network may be able to assign the visit to your personal account through the social plugins. If you are not yet a member of a social network, it is still possible for the social networks to receive and store your IP address and information about the browser and operating system you are using through the social plugins.
If you share content from our website on the social media page directly, your personal data will be visible for the visitors of these social media. For the scope and purpose of data collection as well as the further processing and use of data by social networks and information on rights and settings to protect your privacy, we refer to the privacy policies of these social networks.
- WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT?
Under the GDPR, you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. Some of these rights have a very specific scope or are subject to special conditions or exceptions. You have the right to:
- Consult and access your data as well as essential information about the processing of your personal data (processing purposes, categories of data processed etc.);
- Request the rectification of your data or, if necessary, their deletion, under certain conditions, in particular when they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected / processed or when you withdrew your consent;
- Object to the processing of your personal data in certain specific cases. In this case, we will no longer process your data unless there are compelling legitimate reasons for doing so, overriding your interests, rights and freedoms or if the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. You have the right to object to the processing for direct marketing and profiling at all times without need to give a reason;
- Oppose to an automated individual decision under certain conditions;
- Request a restriction of processing, especially when you contest the accuracy of the data, for a period of time enabling us to verify the accuracy of these data; and
- Receive your personal data in a (structured, commonly used and machine-readable) format that allows it to be ported or to transmit your data in such format to another data controller, under certain conditions and if technically possible.
If the processing of your data is based on consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without this affecting the legitimacy of the processing done prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
You can send your request to the contact details mentioned below. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before processing your request.
You may also review, update or delete your account by editing your account and profile settings in the registration area.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of an alleged infringement of the GDPR. The Belgian Data Protection Authority is the supervisory authority for Belgium and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
- By e-mail at email@example.com; or
- By mail, for the attention of the Data Protection Officer, Pioneer Europe NV, Keetberglaan 1, 9120 Beveren (Belgium).