2 Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
3 Which personal information do we process about you?
4 For which purposes and how do we process your personal data?
5 With whom do we share your personal data?
6 Do we transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area?
7 How are your personal data protected?
8 How long do we keep your personal data?
9 What about links to other websites and social media?
10 What are your rights as a data subject?
11 How can you contact us?
2 WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Pioneer Europe NV is responsible for the processing of your personal data. Pioneer Europe NV (hereafter “Pioneer”, “we” or “our”) is a public limited liability company under Belgian law, whose registered office is established at Keetberglaan 1, 9120 Beveren (Belgium).
3 WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS ABOUT YOU?
We collect personal data:
- If you register an account on the website;
- If you sign up for our newsletter;
- If you use our contact form on the website;
- If you enter into any contest (e.g. at a trade fair);
- If you take part in a survey
Want to learn more?
If you use our website we process the following information and personal data about you:
- If you register an account on the website: e-mail address, password, salutation, name, surname, address, telephone number, preferred language, registered Pioneer products, … ;
- If you sign up for the newsletter: e-mail address, e-mail preferences;
- If you use our contact form on the website: name, surname, e-mail address, telephone number, ticket number, topic, model type, model number, serial number, title, question and subsequent correspondence;
- If you enter into any contest: all data you provide to participate into the contest such as your name, surname, address etc., your answer to the contest question;
- If you take part in a survey: (where applicable) survey code, product information, name, surname, address, e-mail address, phone number etc..., your answer to the survey questions;
- If you browse our website: data we receive from cookie providers about your activity on our website such as the time and duration of your visit, the pages you visited before and after using our website, your IP address, the pages you visit, the browser you use, geographical data such as your location, your preferred language, …
Pioneer does not use personal data received from third parties, such as professional data suppliers. These data may concern your preferences and personal interests, your contact details etc.
4 FOR WHICH PURPOSES AND HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
a. In order to keep you informed about Pioneer’s products and services (direct marketing)
We process your personal data when you ask to receive information about product upgrades, new products, services, special offers, events, actions, research on future product ideas or improvements etc., e.g. by signing up for our newsletter or by registering an account.
For this purpose we can process data such as your name, your address, your e-mail address, your telephone number, your preferred language and the product you are interested in.
Depending on the individual case, these data are processed on the basis of your unambiguous consent, on the basis of the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or on the basis of your request to take steps prior to entering into a contract. If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at all times (please refer to question 10).
b. In order to answer questions and exchange information with you
If you ask us questions by telephone, by mail or via the contact form, we will process your personal data in order to respond to your question and provide you with the necessary information.
For this purpose we can process data such as your name, your company name, your position, your e-mail address, your telephone number, your correspondence with Pioneer and all other personal data that you provide to us that can be relevant for answering your question.
Depending on the individual case, these data are processed on the basis of your request to take steps prior to entering a contract, on the basis of the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or on the basis of Pioneer’s legitimate interest in providing you information about Pioneer’s activities.
c. To participate in our contests and surveys
We process your data to allow you to participate in our contests and to ask your opinion in our customer surveys, such as our repair survey. In these cases we use your data to allow you to provide us with your feedback on our services and to evaluate customer satisfaction and how we can improve our services. Some surveys are linked to a contest. If this is the case, we also use your data to contact you if you have won.
The information we process depends on the individual contest or survey organised. In most cases the data we collect from you will consist of your contact details (name and last name, address, e-mail address, phone number and your answer to the contest/survey question. If applicable, we will also process data such as your product information (repaired product, product category, model number, serial number), your feedback, your survey code etc. .
Depending on the individual case, these data are processed on the basis of your unambiguous consent or on the basis of Pioneer’s legitimate interest in informing you about its activities and improving its products and services by listening to customer feedback. This is for example the case in our repair survey where we evaluate the quality of our repair services. If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at all times (please refer to question 10).
d. For the personalisation and optimization of our website
We process personal data to personalize and optimise our website and to create content that is relevant to you and to ensure that the website is easy to use and secure.
Depending on the individual case, these data are processed on the basis of your unambiguous consent or on the basis of Pioneer’s legitimate interest in continuously improving its websites and the user experience and protecting the websites against cyber-attacks etc.
Want to learn more?
Regarding the processing of your personal data, Pioneer always relies on:
- either, the consent that you expressed, e.g. by ticking a box to this effect during your navigation on our site, or via another positive action from which your consent is inferred. In this case, you have the right to withdraw your consent for the future at all time (please refer to question 10);
- or, on another legal basis laid down by law, for instance if the collection of data is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or if processing is necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation to which Pioneer is subject. In some cases, the processing of your data may also be necessary to realise a legitimate interest of Pioneer.
5 WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Pioneer may share your personal data with the following third parties who act on behalf of Pioneer:
- distributors and partners, such as Pioneer affiliates and group companies including our parent company, Pioneer Corporation (Japan), with whom we for instance share aggregated reports about customer satisfaction
- service providers providing specific services for us, such as marketing agencies or web design agencies who optimize our website to ensure a smooth user experience
In addition, Pioneer may be obliged to disclose your personal data when required by law or by court order.
In all cases, we are committed to ensure the confidentiality of your data, which also means concluding contracts with our partners and service providers defining an adequate level of data protection, imposing confidentiality obligations upon them.
6 DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA?
Some data may be stored or transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes described in point 4 above. It is possible that this transfer occurs via third parties (as mentioned in point 5 above) established outside the EEA territory or because data are stored on a server that is located or is accessible from outside the EEA.
In this respect, Pioneer is committed to ensure an adequate level of protection for your data, in particular by either ensuring that there is an adequacy decision for the country to which data are transferred or by concluding standard contractual clauses (as provided for by Article 45 and 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation). If you have questions in this regard you can contact our data protection officer.
7 HOW ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA PROTECTED?
In order to guarantee the security of your personal data we have set in place a series of security measures and safeguards. Your personal data is stored on secure networks that may only be accessed by a limited number of persons holding special access rights and who undertake to respect and maintain its confidential nature.
Despite these measures, due care should be taken when storing and/or sharing your personal data and login, particularly when connecting via unsecure or public networks.
8 HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Pioneer will not process your personal data longer than necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected. Pioneer will refresh its marketing contact database up to and including every three years. In case of for instance a customer satisfaction survey we will delete the data once the aggregated results are processed provided that this does not impair the results of the survey.
9 WHAT ABOUT LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA?
10 WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT?
You have a right of access to your data, a right to correct your data, a right to the erasure of your data, a right to limit the processing of your data and a right to ask the portability of your data.
You also have a right to object to the processing of your data in general as well as to the processing of your data for direct marketing and profiling purposes.
Some of these rights may be subject to conditions or exceptions.
If the processing of your data is based on consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without this affecting the legitimacy of the processing done prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
You can send your request by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail to the address mentioned below. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before processing your request.
You may also review, update or delete your account by editing your account and profile settings in the registration area.
In accordance with article 77 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of an alleged infringement of the GDPR. The Belgian Data Protection Authority is the supervisory authority for Belgium and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn more?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’), you have the right to:
- Consult and access your data as well as essential information about the treatment (processing purposes, categories of data processed etc.);
- Request the rectification of your data or, if necessary, their deletion, under the conditions of article 17 GDPR, in particular when they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected / processed or when you withdrew your consent;
- Object to the processing of your personal data in certain specific cases detailed in article 21 GDPR, including processing for direct marketing and profiling. In this case, we will no longer process your data unless there are compelling legitimate reasons for doing so, overriding your interests, rights and freedoms or if the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Oppose to an automated individual decision, including profiling, under the conditions of article 22 GDPR;
- Request a restriction of processing, in some cases detailed in article 18 GDPR, and especially when you contest the accuracy of the data, for a period of time enabling us to verify the accuracy of these data; and
- Receive your personal data in a (structured, commonly used and machine-readable) format that allows it to be ported or to transmit your data in such format to another data controller, under the conditions detailed in article 20 GDPR and if technically possible.
11 HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
- By e-mail at email@example.com;
- By mail, for the attention of the Data Protection Officer, Pioneer Europe NV, Keetberglaan 1, 9120 Beveren (Belgium).;